This is Good!
I recently saw a viral video of a little girl about 3 years old. Her mother asked her what it means to encourage someone, and the little girl replied, “it means you pour courage on them so that they can be brave”. It made me smile and it warmed my heart, and in that moment I changed my personal definition of encouragement.
I will forever think of pouring courage over someone to make them brave.
If you want to make a difference, encourage someone. Pour a little courage over them to help them move about their day a little more bravely. The words we use can greatly impact the life of another person. Let’s be sure we are using our words for good, intentionally uplifting others. Let’s be different. Let’s change our focus and seek to give rather than receive.
Here are a few simple ways you can encourage someone today:
- Compliment what they are wearing
- Hold the door open
- Make eye contact and smile
- Offer to lend a hand
- Comment on their post and offer support
- Tell someone they are doing a good job
- Show appreciation for someone’s efforts
- Acknowledge their hard work or contribution
- Offer words of support
- Drop a note in the mail to share words of encouragement
- Send a voice memo
There are many ways you can encourage someone and the best part about it is that it doesn’t cost you a thing, and is worth a TON to them.
Leave a Comment